Think Patti Stanger (Millionaire Matchmaker) is out of touch? Well, she’s got nothing on these dating tips from the 1930s. Originally published by Parade Magazine in 1938, this hilariously outdated dating guide really shows how times have changed since grandpa was trolling for strange.
Although, if you replace the word “girdle” with “Spanx” in number seven, it actually makes a lot of sense.
1. Don’t Be Sentimental
2. Don’t Use The Car Mirror
3. Don’t Sit In Awkward Positions
4. Don’t Make Him Wait
5. No ‘Hanky’ Panky
6. Keep Your Mouth Shut On The Dance Floor
7. Wear a Bra
8. No Touching
9. Modern Day = No Texting At The Table
10. Don’t Talk About Clothes.
11. Don’t Drink Too Much, ‘Cause That Can Lead To…
12. …Flirting With Other Men…
13. …Or Passing Out Drunk At The Table
Scouted via imgur