Do you literally have to drag yourself out of bed every morning? It may be too late today, but starting tomorrow you can rise with the sun (or even earlier) with these eight tips.
1. Plan an exciting breakfast to look forward to.
2. Sleep in total darkness. Melatonin, the sleep hormone, is produced in the dark.
3. Drink water before going to bed. It’s relaxing and rejuvenating. Just not too much or you’ll be making trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
4. Schedule your most important plans for the morning so you are excited (read: forced) to get up and do it.
5. Turn off the phone. (You know why.)
6. Read a book (not online). You can’t browse away from it.
7. Put the alarm across the room so you can’t hit the snooze button.
8. Choose a blanket that keeps you warm. Best sleep is between 62-70 degrees.