I don’t know about you, but I definitely didn’t learn these in school.
1. We share 50% of our DNA with bananas.
2. Our bodies actually glow in the dark, but the light we emit is 1,000 times weaker than what our eyes can detect.
3. We shed about 40 pounds of skin in our lifetime.
4. Our eyes are so sensitive that if the Earth were flat, we could see a candle from about 30 miles away.
5. Our noses can remember 50,000 different scents.
6. In your lifetime you will produce about 25,000 quarts of spit, which is enough to fill up two swimming pools.
7. Your belly button is home to thousands of bacteria that form an ecosystem the size of an entire rainforest.
8. The focusing muscles in your eyes move around 100,000 times per day. You’d need to walk 50 miles to give your legs the same workout.
9. Babies have 60 more bones than adults do. As we grow up, some of our bones fuse together to form one bone.
Scouted via Viral Nova