Want to stretch out, catch some Z’s or boost your chances of survival? Choose the airplane seat that best matches your travel style and needs with this handy dandy chart.
- Have a bag you’re hoping to store? Choose a seat in the back, as storage spaces tend to fill before the front rows board.
- Baby onboard! Bulkheads often attract parents hoping for a bit more room.
- Cinephile? Seats in the middle don’t have the best view of the movie screen.
- Craving a little leg room? Opt for a bulkhead seat, which doesn’t have any seats in front of it.
- The seat pitch (the distance between seats) increases toward the back of the plane.
- Mind your elbows! Aisle seats leave you vulnerable to bumps from the beverage cart.