Through a few threads on Reddit, hotel workers shared the weirdest things they’ve ever found in a guest room. We sorted through the gore and flat-out disgusting for these six very amusing (PG-rated) finds.
1. As the owner of a bed and breakfast place for the last eight years, the craziest thing I ever found was an old battered notebook with “Why I love salad” written on the front and then literally 40-80 pages on why salad was amazing.
2. A Hot Pocket in the safe with a note that said, “Microwave is broken”.
3. Ducklings. The guest said the mother had died and started looking after the ducklings herself. We found them in the lodge bathroom. After that, they were kept in someone’s office till the right people came to collect them.
4. Cats. Cats everywhere. And a $100 tip with a note that said, “Thanks for taking care of these guys, be back in a week.” She didn’t come back.
5. I was working at a luxury hotel and we had a fairly big name band staying with us. There were no noise complaints, and they seemed to be perfect tenants. When they left and we went to clean the room, EVERY SINGLE PIECE of furniture was nailed to the ceiling in roughly the same configuration that it was in on the floor. I found it to be quite amusing. Management didn’t.
6. Two entire cases of bananas. I mean, like, huge boxes full. Of bananas.